Proper right here’s a pasta casserole recipe that’s not as cheesy as the identical outdated ones, thus making it lighter and additional diet-friendly. You’ll have the ability to re-interpret this recipe based on the seasons: try altering the butternut squash with roasted tomatoes and zucchini within the summertime, or some asparagus and dill inside the spring. Don’t overlook in order so as to add the toasted almonds (or one other nuts) for some crunch!
Weight Watchers Pasta Casserole recipe
8 oz dried complete wheat penne (or totally different pasta)
1 1/2 cups butternut squash, peeled and sliced into small gadgets
3 handfuls spinach, chard or kale, chopped
2 cups low-fat Greek yogurt
2 huge egg yolks
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
8 huge Kalamata olives, pitted and torn into gadgets
1/4 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
zest of 1 huge lemon
1/2 teaspoon advantageous grain sea salt
1/4 cup latest mint, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400 ranges F.
2. Butter or oil an 8×12-inch baking dish, or two smaller gratin dishes.
3. Sprinkle with lemon zest and put apart.
4. Ship a giant pot of water to a boil, add salt and prepare dinner dinner the penne until al dente.
5. 10 seconds sooner than the pasta is cooked, stir inside the spinach and butternut squash; drain shortly and punctiliously.
6. Run chilly water over the pasta, squash and spinach (merely adequate to stop it from cooking), shake off any further water and put apart.
7. Whereas prepared for the pasta water to boil, whisk collectively the eggs, yogurt, garlic, and salt in a giant mixing bowl. Put apart until the pasta is ready, then add the pasta-squash-spinach mixture to the yogurt mixture and stir in half of the almonds.
8. Scoop the mix into the prepared baking dish, sprinkle with Feta cheese and the olive gadgets and bake for about 25-Half-hour.
9. Take away from the oven and serve sprinkled with the remaining almonds and some chopped latest mint.
What variety of Weight Watchers elements in pasta casserole recipe?
Dietary data for one serving:
WW elements: 4
Full fat: 7.8 g
Ldl ldl cholesterol: 59.1 mg
Sodium: 171.1 mg
Full carbs: 33.3 g
Dietary fiber: 6.1 g
Protein: 10.7 g
You might also like these pasta recipes:
Initially posted 2009-10-05 13:52:54.