This lemon blueberry cake is an easy however elegant dessert that requires minimal prep. No eggs, no milk, and no butter needed, it’s super moist and fluffy.
The Biggest Lemon Blueberry Cake
Searching for a easy cake recipe that makes use of simple parts? That’s your reply.
This lemon blueberry cake recipe is definitely a sport changer. We’ve been making it a minimum of as quickly as month, and additional in the midst of the summer time season months when blueberries are in season.
The texture is definitely exceptional- Moist and fluffy throughout the middle, a younger crumb, and a great deal of blueberries all by means of.
And I actually like that this cake makes use of simple pantry staple parts. There could also be no butter, no milk, and no eggs needed, and all of the items is made in a single bowl.
By the way in which wherein, we made this as a layer cake nonetheless you don’t wish to do this in the event you occur to decide on just one layer or want to make it as a sheet cake- the ball is in your courtroom docket!
Oh, and in the event you occur to’d like completely different cake recipes using pantry parts, try a vanilla cake or a chocolate cake.
As talked about earlier, this cake makes use of a simple ingredient guidelines. You almost certainly have all of the items you need in your pantry correct now. Right here’s what you’ll need:
- All purpose flour– Each plain flour or gluten free all purpose flour. Keep in mind to sift your flour to be sure that there aren’t any clumps throughout the batter.
- Baking soda– Works with the vinegar to help in giving the cake the fluffiness and rise with out eggs.
- Salt– Brings out the sweetness.
- Sugar– White sugar, brown sugar, coconut sugar, or sugar free subs (see solutions beneath).
- Lemon juice– Works with the lemon extract to supply an intense lemon style.
- Vinegar– Use each white vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- Oil of different– Neutral flavored oil, like canola oil, vegetable oil, or safflower oil.
- Water– To mix all of the items collectively. It’s possible you’ll as properly use your favorite plant based or standard milk.
- Lemon extract– Gives a stronger lemon style. Within the occasion you’d select a mild lemon style, change this with vanilla extract.
- Blueberries– Each current or frozen blueberries. Within the occasion you utilize frozen berries, don’t concern about thawing them out.
How do you make a lemon blueberry cake?
Simple is an understatement for this recipe. All of the items is made within the an identical bowl and truly, the exhausting half is prepared for the cake to bake. Within the occasion you choose to make this a layer cake, you’ll merely need to prep a couple of cake pans.
In a position to whip one up?
Step 1- Make the batter
Start by together with your dry parts in a giant mixing bowl and whisking collectively. Add the moist parts, sooner than folding by the use of the blueberries.
Step 2- Bake the cake
Subsequent, swap to an 8-inch cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clear.
Step 3- Frost the cake
Lastly, let cool throughout the cake pan completely, sooner than frosting, if desired.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Try to make use of current blueberries versus frozen ones, as they’ll be sure the cake is evenly cooked. Within the occasion you may solely use frozen ones, don’t thaw them out beforehand.
- Use lemon extract for a additional pronounced lemon style. Up to date is okay, nonetheless I found that it really obtained misplaced throughout the batter.
- The oven makes and model can impact the bake time of the cake. Mine took 32 minutes, nonetheless it could take as a lot as 45 minutes. Confirm up throughout the 30-minute mark, then 2-minute increments.
- This makes a single cake. For a two layer cake, double the parts. For a 3 layer cake, triple the parts.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to the vanilla frosting for some added lemon style.
Storing and Freezing Instructions
- To retailer: Blueberry Lemon Cake have to be saved throughout the fridge, as it will spoil at room temperature. Protect cake in a sealed container or coated in plastic wrap. Storing the cake this trend will be sure the cake will maintain for a minimum of 5 days.
- To freeze: Leftover cake slices could also be positioned in a ziplock bag and saved throughout the freezer for as a lot as 2 months.
Easier cake recipes to try
Repeatedly Requested Questions
stop blueberries from sinking throughout the cake
To steer clear of blueberries from sinking to the underside of the cake, flippantly toss your blueberries in some flour (cassava or almond are good).
Is that this cake vegan?
As this cake has no eggs or dairy in it, it’s applicable for a vegan meals plan.
Can I exploit one different flour?
Completely different flours like coconut, oat, or almond gained’t work properly, as they require eggs and/or butter for stability.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour gluten free, if needed
- 1 cup sugar white, brown, coconut, or sugar free subs * See notes
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 5 tablespoon oil of different canola, vegetable, or any neutral flavored oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries current or frozen
- 1/2 cup frosting of different optionally out there
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line an 8-inch cake pan with cooking spray and put apart.
In a giant mixing bowl, combine your dry parts and mix properly. Add your moist parts and mix until blended. Fold by the use of your blueberries.
Change the cake batter into the lined cake pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clear. Let the cake cool throughout the pan completely, sooner than frosting, if desired.
For a layer cake, double the parts. For a triple layer cake, triple the parts.
Frosting is optionally out there. This cake tastes delicious sans frosting.
* For a sugar free cake, change the sugar with monk fruit sweetener or erythritol.
TO STORE: Blueberry Lemon Cake have to be saved throughout the fridge, as it will spoil at room temperature. Protect cake in a sealed container or coated in plastic wrap. Storing the cake this trend will be sure the cake will maintain for a minimum of 5 days.
TO FREEZE: Leftover cake slices could also be positioned in a ziplock bag and saved throughout the freezer for as a lot as 2 months.
Serving: 1Slice | Power: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 106mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 29g