Free: 5 Secrets and techniques and methods To Fast Healthful Dinners
Get It Now
This put up may embody affiliate hyperlinks, which help keep this content material materials free. (Full disclosure)
When you desire a change from plain bowls of leafy greens, this shrimp avocado salad recipe is the appropriate dish! With tender spiced shrimp, creamy avocado, crisp veggies, and an herby, tangy dressing, avocado shrimp salad makes a refreshing meal should you don’t actually really feel like cooking quite a bit.
This salad is a lot like an avocado hen salad, nevertheless with a zesty Cajun aptitude like my Cajun shrimp Caesar salad. You may very well serve it by itself, nevertheless see below for various serving ideas!
Why You’ll Love This Shrimp Avocado Salad Recipe
- Zesty, modern fashion
- Juicy shrimp, creamy avocado, and crunch from diced veggies
- Main parts and prep
- Completed in 20 minutes
- Naturally gluten-free, low carb, keto, paleo, and whole30
Elements & Substitutions
This half explains how you can resolve on the best parts for salad with shrimp and avocado, what every does inside the recipe, and substitution selections. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Large Shrimp – Smaller shrimp works best (I used 31/40 dimension), so that it’s in bite-sized objects. Within the occasion you utilize larger shrimp, you would possibly want to cut it up sooner than mixing into the salad. Make sure your shrimp is peeled and deveined. Depart the tails on for best style, or take away them for additional useful consuming.
- Cajun Seasoning – It is advisable to use a pre-made combine, or make your particular person do-it-yourself Cajun seasoning with quite a lot of straightforward parts. My mannequin already has salt, nevertheless you’ll want so as to add salt to the shrimp if yours is unsalted. Alternatively, you could swap this with taco seasoning for a Mexican spin.
- Olive Oil – For marinating shrimp. I want extra virgin olive oil, nevertheless any neutral oil works.
- Garlic – Mince it modern, or use a jarred minced garlic for consolation.
- Lime Juice – Offers additional style to the shrimp marinade. You might probably moreover use lemon juice. A up to date squeezed lime or bottled lime juice will work.
- Avocado – Use a medium, ripe avocado.
- Purple Onion – The flavour of pink onion shines on this recipe for shrimp salad with avocado, nevertheless any onion will work.
- Bell Pepper – Use any coloration you need. I used pink for a pop of coloration.
Avocado And Shrimp Salad Dressing:
- Cilantro – Current cilantro is best proper right here. I don’t advocate using dried, nevertheless should you occur to ought to, you’ll need 1 teaspoon dried to change each tablespoon modern.
- Lime Juice – You can also use lemon juice, nevertheless the lime style pairs so successfully with cilantro!
- Olive Oil – Use extra virgin olive oil for best style, nevertheless widespread olive oil or avocado oil every moreover work fantastic.
- Salt & Pepper – For simple seasoning.
VARIATION: Add tomatoes!
Chances are you’ll dice larger tomatoes (take away the seeds so that the salad doesn’t get watery) or use halved cherry tomatoes.
How To Make Shrimp Avocado Salad
This half reveals one of the simplest ways to make shrimp salad with avocado, with step-by-step footage and particulars in regards to the method. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Marinate. Add shrimp, Cajun seasoning, oil, garlic, and lime juice to a bowl. Toss to combine and put apart.
TIP: Avoid marinating shrimp for longer than Quarter-hour.
Marinating for too prolonged inside the lime juice will set off the acid to cook dinner dinner the shrimp and it’ll flip into ceviche. You’ll be able to do that, though, should you want to skip the skillet step.
- Make dressing. Add dressing parts to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cook dinner dinner. Heat oil in a giant skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp in a single layer and cook dinner dinner on both aspect, until pink and opaque. Take away from the skillet and funky to room temperature.
- Plate. Combine avocado, bell pepper, and onion in a serving bowl. Excessive with shrimp and dressing, then toss to coat.
- Retailer: This salad is best modern, nevertheless you in all probability have leftovers, swap them to a coated container and refrigerate for as a lot as 2 days. The avocado may brown, nevertheless will nonetheless be suitable for eating.
- Meal prep: Cook dinner dinner shrimp, make dressing, and decrease all veggies in addition to avocado. Retailer individually, then assemble with avocado merely sooner than serving.
Strategies To Serve Avocado Shrimp Salad
This recipe for shrimp avocado salad tastes delicious all by itself, nevertheless you can also serve it in numerous strategies:
Additional Healthful Summer season Salad Recipes
For simple, meaty salads that take minimal prep time, look no extra than these delicious dishes:
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this moreover thought-about these recipes:
Shrimp Avocado Salad (20 Minutes!)
This shrimp avocado salad combines juicy seafood with crisp veggies, Cajun flavors, and a zesty dressing! Higher of all, it takes merely 20 minutes.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook dinner dinner: 5 minutes
Full: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 (modify to scale recipe)
Faucet underlined parts to see the place to get them. Please flip Safari reader mode OFF to view parts.
Faucet on the events inside the instructions below to start out out a kitchen timer whenever you cook dinner dinner.
In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, seasoning, olive oil, minced garlic, and lime juice. Toss to combine and put apart to marinate for 10-Quarter-hour. (Alternatively, you could marinate for 30-60 minutes, or in a single day, which might “cook dinner dinner” the shrimp like ceviche. On this case you could skip the skillet half, which is step 4.)
Within the meantime, put collectively and chop the other salad parts: avocado, pink onion, and bell pepper.
To make the dressing, whisk the dressing parts in a small bowl.
Heat an enormous skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp. Cook dinner dinner for 2-3 minutes per side, until cooked by means of, until pink and opaque. Take away from the pan and funky to room temperature.
In a giant bowl, combine the chopped greens, shrimp, and dressing. Stir gently to coat in dressing.
Readers Who Appreciated This Simple Recipe Moreover Made:
Serving dimension: 1 cup
Amount per serving. Serving dimension in recipe notes above.
Vitamin particulars are supplied as a courtesy. Have questions on calculations or why you obtain a particular final result? Please see our weight loss plan protection.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Healthful Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or internet sites. We’d LOVE so to share a hyperlink with image instead.